Sunday, August 15, 2010

It's Sunday morning - 3 more days

Now it's just a waiting game with the weather. I tend not to check it a lot anymore - it seems to change so frequently - it is often different than what it reads. So, we sit and wait, praying for no wind on Tuesday.

I tried some new energy supplements yesterday - Clif "Shot Blocks". I think I will take them with me on the swim. The difficulty is getting food or drinks into the water - assuming we are staying in the entire swim. I may change my mind, but I'd like to try and do the whole thing. We'll see. I have a lot going on in my life right now, and I don't know if I need the added pressure of making the swim non-stop. Usually I get out of the water every 3-4 miles for a 5 minute break. On the other hand, if I can make it, it would make it that much sweeter.

Looks like we have 9 other swimmers this year - and there are others that wanted to join us. It is getting more important for us to find help to organize the event - if anyone is interested, please get back to us.

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment