Translate

Monday, July 7, 2014

Gearing up - and wearing down...

So, about two weeks ago I was trying to move a 300 pound counterbalance used to anchor a portable basketball hoop my son and I were putting up. my son.  I couldn't move it at first, so I positioned my feet, leaned directly over it, found a couple of hand holds, and really leaned into it..  That is, until I heard three distinct popping sounds in my right elbow.  I immediately released my grip - a searing pain went through my right arm - seemingly centered on my forearm. I thought it was broken, but was able to move it again within about 10 minutes.  The doctor says there are no broken bones or torn ligaments, but I am disturbed by the fact that this is the first time in my adult life that I have been injured by simply "trying to move something"...


So, that's my current excuse, and the reason that though I was training on earnest  up to 2 weeks ago, I have not been able to swim since.  Last year our 'injury to swimmer ratio' was nearly 1.5 to 1, with the old guard shouldering most of that burden... This year I think we're down closer to 1 to 1, so basically, we're in great shape...

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment