Translate

Sunday, December 27, 2009

End of the month push...

December 27th - 4 days left in the year, and if I am to hit my new personal best of 75 miles in the pool, it means I need 12.5 more miles. I swam 3.5 miles tonite. December is typically a big month for me - and I wanted to set a personal record in 2009, so hopefully this is it.

Looking forward to getting into the lake earlier this year - I'd like to try some colder water - still can't understand the thought of swimming in 60 degree water - I have been in 59 degree water - as I recall I lasted about 3 minutes... My understanding of the channel swimmers is that they swim in 61-62 degree water. I can't fathom being able to do that. We'll see this spring. Lake St. Clair gets pretty cold - I'd like to see if I could get in before it warms up completely. Anyone else interested?

We are beginning to plan the event for 2010 - first or second week of August. Hoping to miss the hail this year - and hoping we don't get the waves in our faces again. I think we're going to have more people involved this year - the US Masters group is writing an article about the swim - and I have already had several calls. If anyone wants more info, leave comments - hopefully we'll get back to you promptly.

All the best - and I wish you the best in the new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment